Annual Training School 2015
Call for Applications
Keele University, UK
11th – 15th May 2015
As indicated in its Memorandum of Understanding, INTERFASOL foresees the organization of several training schools, programmed to provide structured training in theoretically-guided empirical research in social sciences and policy on the field of family intergenerational solidarity. The global objective is to develop interdisciplinary research capacity, to advance scientific understanding across Europe on the importance and impact of intergenerational family solidarity across generations in priority domains of life. It is also intended to contribute to the development of high quality future intergenerational family solidarity programmes and research and plan new research pathways.
The INTERFASOL annual training schools provide the most up-to-date knowledge and methods in this field, putting a strong emphasis on research methods for social sciences and offering interdisciplinary activities with a focus on policy issues. These are international programmes and therefore all courses are in English. Participants can expect a series of lectures by leading international scholars.
Preliminary Programme for the 2015 Edition
– Basic notions and general approaches relating to Intergenerational Family solidarity in a multidisciplinary perspective.
– The major role of the welfare systems in family structure and solidarity.
– Economic crisis, withdrawal of the public sector and changes in generational solidarity.
– Interaction between public and private solidarity: complementarity and/or substitution.
– Methods for analysing cross-national databases with respect to social and demographic change. Presentation of the European comparative and longitudinal survey: SHARE (from 2004 on).
Please note that this is a preliminary program. A detailed schedule of the lectures along with CV information on the main lecturers/Trainers will be sent to the successful applicants, closer to the event.
Who can apply?
PhD students and Early Stage Researchers (ESR). The Training Schools will also be open to the Action members and selected experts. Trainees come from European COST countries, or from an approved NNC (see the list of eligible countries). During the Training Schools, the trainees will have the opportunity to present their research work for discussion (strongly encouraged); the alternative is to make a short presentation, having later a moment for personal and short feedback by the Trainers.
Financial Support for Trainees
According to COST VADEMECUM (pp. 37-39), a finantial support is possible for Trainees who wish to apply to it.
- The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
1. The reimbursement rate per day is EUR 160 maximum;
2. Up to EUR 300 may be attributed for the travel expenses;
3. A maximum grant of EUR 1 500 can be awarded.
- Grant for Trainees can vary depending on the country of the Trainees (e.g. Domestic,
near countries, far countries);
- Prior the Training School, Trainees must register on e-COST: https://eservices.cost.eu .
Note: it is not mandatory to apply for Financial Support in order to participate in the Training School. Trainees who wish to apply for financial support, should indicate so in the application form (cf. below in “How to apply?”).
How to apply?
Applicants must apply for participation on the Training School. Additionally, applicants can also apply for Financial Support. Please note that it is mandatory to submit an application if you wish to be a Trainee in the INTERFASOL Training School 2015, regardless of applying to Financial Support.
The applicant is responsible for filling in the form and send it to: email@example.com, attaching the following documents:
Motivation Letter, highlighting the importance of the Training School for his/her research and for his/her own training and career;
- An abstract of ongoing research or current work linked to the Training School;
- Publication List.
The selection of applicants is based on the application which must clearly compliment the overall objectives of the Training School and the Action.
When to apply?
The current call is open till 25th January 2015. Feedback will be given until 25th February 2015. The Training School will take place on 11th- 15th May 2015.
MC Chair and TS Coordinator
Prof Anne Marie Fontaine
Prof Claudine Attias-Donfut