|Event date:||Wednesday April 18 2018 10:00 – Friday, 20 April 2018, 14:45|
|Place:||University of Luxembourg, Belval Campus, Maison du Savoir, MSA 3.520
2, avenue de l’Université
From April 19th to 20th 2018, the final conference of the EU funded research network INTERFASOL (ISCH COST Action IS1311) will take place at the University of Luxembourg (Campus Belval).This conference offers a platform for exchange and discussion on intergenerational solidarity in Europe from different perspectives. It will bring together international researchers on family relationships and intergenerational solidarity from various disciplines who will present their work in four symposia:
- Intergenerational Family Solidarity, Well-Being & Health
- Nurturing Intergenerational Solidarity & Intergenerational Projects
- Intergenerational Family Solidarity and Migration
- Intergenerational Value Transmission & Societal Change
The following internationally renowned experts will bring their knowledge to the conference by giving keynotes on selected topics:
- Prof. Dr. Jaan Valsiner (Niels Bohr Professor of Cultural Psychology, Aalborg University, Denmark): Cultures of Care
- Prof. Dr. Frieder R. Lang (Institute of Psychogerontology, Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU), Germany): Putting Effort Into Social Life: Principles of Regulating Relationships
- Prof. Dr. Pearl Dykstra (Department of Public Administration and Sociology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands): Cross-National Differences in Intergenerational Family Relations: The Influence of Public Policy Arrangements
- Prof. Dr. Howard Litwin (Israel Gerontological Data Center, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem): Intergenerational Transfers in Europe: What can we learn from SHARE?
A round table about “Family Solidarity, Ageing and Migration ” will take place with representatives from politics and society on April 19th from 17.00-18.30 (speakers include Corinne Cahen, Ministre de la Famille et de l’Intégration).
The round table on April 19th will be preceded from 16.30-16.50 by the presentation of the programme Vivre la Solidarité Intergénérationnelle: un programme français éducatif unique en Europe + projection of the film “Ateliers Éducatifs Intergénérationnels”, Association Ensemble demain (http://www.ensembledemain.com/).
A pre-conference will take place on April 18th which will focus on the topic of INTERFASOL in old age & Care with two invited symposia:
- Intergenerational Solidarity and Technology
- Old-Age and Social Exclusion (together with the ROSEnet COST ACTION (CA 15122) http://rosenetcost.com/)
Further, early career researchers will have the possibility to present their work in a symposium on April 18th and a poster session on April 19th.
Conference language is English; round table is in English / French. Participation is free.
For any questions, please feel free to contact the local organizer Dr. Isabelle Albert (Isabelle.Albert@uni.lu), Research Unit INSIDE
To register, please write to: Karin.Roth@uni.lu
Visit www.interfasol.eu for the complete programme.
This conference is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Dr. Dieter Ferring (1958-2017).
Conference Poster. Download poster as PDF file.