Applications are invited for conference presentation bursaries from PhD students and Early Career Researchers based in Inclusiveness countries that are participating in Interfasol.
These bursaries will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, as long as applicants meet the eligibility criteria. We anticipate that the value of these bursaries will be approximately 1000 Euro
Please note applications will have to provide proof that their paper or poster has been accepted for presentation before an award can be approved. Applicants will be reimbursed for relevant expenses after attending the conference. This is because attendance at the conference and submitting a scientific paper is a condition of funding.
Conferences will have to take place before the end of April 2018 and preference will be for attendance at European Conferences. Applicants for conferences outside of Europe will only be considered if there are insufficient applications to attend European conferences.
For further details please consult the ITC call.
Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) Conference Grants
Applications are invited for Inclusiveness Target Countries Conference Grants (ITC Conference Grants). These grants are aimed to support PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECIs) from Inclusiveness Countries that are currently participating in INTERFASOL to attend international science and technology related conferences, including those organized by INTERFASOL (next INTERFASOL Conference is in Luxembourg, April 19th and 20th, 2018).
Inclusiveness Target Countries that are currently taking part in INTERFASOL are:
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, and Turkey.
For this call, a total budget of EUR 15.679 has been allocated for up to 15 ITC grants (averaging about 1.000,00€, per candidate). Expences covered by the grant include: travel, accommodation, meals, local transports and up to 500€ for conference fees.
The call opens on November 20th, 2017 and closes when the grant budget has been allocated.
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ELN ITC
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme.
- The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / communication at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST (logos must be included in the presentation – download presentation template here )
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC.
- Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
- All ITC grants to which applicants are applying for must be to a conference that shall take place up until April 2018, and no latest.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF APPLICANTS
Given that the applicant has met all the eligibility criteria listed above, the grants will be awarded on first come, first served basis. Attribution of ITC grants will also take in consideration gender balance.
Evaluation Criteria ITC:
- Contribution to inter-disciplinary body of knowledge on Intergenerational Family Solidarity
- Contribution to evidence base of how Intergenerational Family Solidarity can be promoted
- Contribution to communication to stakeholders about knowledge base on Intergenerational Family Solidarity
In addition the following criteria will be used:
Fit with disciplines in INTERFASOL: Psychology, sociology, population studies, geography, education, social work, gerontology, health research
HOW TO APPLY
Interested researchers are advised to follow the directions provided below and submit their application as soon as possible.
The application process is as follows:
- Applicants need to register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/ adding their bank account details to their profile.
- Applicants must complete, submit and download their ITC application and supporting documents online by choosing the Conference Grant option in their e-COST profile.
- Supporting documents include documentary evidence of the conference fee, a letter of application (download letter of application template here) to include relevant information regarding the conference (date, tittle, location, costs in details for travel and daily subsistence amount (160€/day, maximum), abstract for the paper/poster to be presented and a link to the applicant’s presentation in the official event/conference programme.
- Grantees will be informed (via email) about the approval of their grant by the ITC Coordinator in due time.
- The Grantee has 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit a scientific report (download scientific report template here) to the ITC coordinator (Clare Holdsworth, m.holdsworth (at) keele.ac.uk). Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted scientific report being approved by ITC coordinator. The scientific report also has to be sent to the Grant Holder of the Action (cost_interfasol (at) fpce.up.pt ) for archiving purposes. Failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days from the end date of the Conference will effectively cancel the grant.
- For eCOST submission of application please enter your eCOST online cabinet, select ITC Conference Grants and click Create Conference Grant Request as shown on a print screen below:
MC Chair and ITC Coordinator
Prof. Marie Anne Fontaine
University of Porto
Email: fontaine (at) fpce.up.pt
Prof. Clare Holdsworth
Email: c.m.holdsworth (at) keele.ac.uk